Do I pay for an advocate?
No. You do not have to pay. The Australian Government pays for MEDA.

Do you provide support to people with an acquired brain injury?
Yes. We provide support to people within our area. See who can get support.

Could I stop having an advocate?
Yes. If you want to stop having an advocate because you are unhappy with them it is important that you:

  • think about the things you are unhappy with.
  • try to speak to your volunteer advocate first then speak to the staff at the MEDA office or a person from the committee of management who will help you.

Click for more information on NDIS & Advocacy.